My scanner is down and I’ve been working again after a long lay-off, so I haven’t been posting like I want to. I’m back to drawing every day, though, so that’s the good news. Here are a few drawings from back in December–photos since the scanner is caput–more Forrest Bondurant. I hope all you Tom Hardy fans will enjoy his baggy sweater finery. And yes, with his hands in his pockets, you know he’s getting ready with the brass knuckles. Not that he’s an aggressive guy, but he will protect his rights and his own. Gotta love Forrest.
You can learn a lot of lessons from Forrest Bondurant, Tom Hardy’s character in Lawless—
- Never surrender.
- Always hit first (it helps to have brass knuckles in your pocket at all times).
- It’s not about the violence; it’s about how far you are willing to go.
- Being gentle is alright (but stay out of trouble).
- Believe in yourself (including crazy stuff like you’re unkillable).
- Fear is good. Everyone feels it, just learn to control it.
- It is wrong to draw a gun on a woman.
- It ain’t about the money, it’s about the principle of the thing.
And so much more.
Meanwhile, I’ve been busy learning to draw Tom Hardy–and that is its own reward.